"Whole World Botanicals offers Single Source Indigenous™ botanicals from the Peruvian Andes and the Amazon rainforest. Above left, Dr. Viana Muller, Co-founder of the Company receives freshly harvested organically grown maca roots from a female farmer in one of the communities with which we have partnered for 14 years."
Scientific Research & Herbal Library
In this interview with Mary Shomon at the About.com Thyroid site, Dr. Viana Muller discusses South American medicinal herbs from the rain forest and Andes, and their use in supporting hormonal health.
Maca (Lepidium Meyenii/Peruvianum) is an herb derived from a cruciferous root vegetable which grows at 12,500-14,000 feet above sea level in the high Andean plateaus of Peru.
- Maca Helps Lower Blood Sugar
- How is Royal Maca® better than other maca products?
- Maca – Glucose Metabolism Study
- Scientific abstract: Maca Restores Homeostasis Impaired by Restraint Stress
- An interview with Dr Malaspina
- Effects of Peruvian Maca on Hormonal Functions - Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients
- Published third-party scientific research studies
- Hattie's Odyssey
- Maca - Questions and Answers with Dr. Viana Muller-- From the About.com Thyroid site
- Scientific Research on the benefits of Cooked Maca versus Raw Maca
- Price Comparison of Royal Maca(R) with another leading brand!
- Which product is more effective for Menopausal Symptoms -- black cohosh or soy based products or Royal Maca?
- How do we make the best Maca Root product in the world?
- Maca Anti Stress Study
- Progesterone Only Birth Control Pills and Royal Maca
WHAT IS DIM? Combining Maca with DIM
Maca Q & A
Break-stone Herb Chanca Piedra (Phyllanthus niruri) is an Amazon rain forest plant, traditionally used for kidney stones, gall stones, liver, bladder and pancreas problems.
Breakstone Q & A
Camu Camu (Myrciaria dubia) is a plant native to the South American rainforest. Its dehydrated pulp contains more Vitamin C than any other botanical (180-250mg) per teaspoon. Rich in bioflavanoids.
Camu Q & A
Cat's Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) in Spanish called Una de Gato, is a plant native to the montaa part of the Peruvian rainforest, traditionally used for intestinal and prostate problems, for lung function, and to enhance the immune system.
- Scientific Breakthrough on Preventing the Formation of Amyloid Plaque
- Cat's Claw: A Wondrous Herb from the Peruvian Rainforest, an article by Phillip Steinberg in the NewLife Magazine.
- POA - TOA Controversy and the True Benefits of Uncaria Tomentosa (PDF)
Desmodium adscendens has been utilized traditionally by native peoples to promote a healthy liver, healthy respiratory function (lungs) and for relief of minor and occasional pain in muscles and tendons and joints.
- Case Studies on the Various Traditional uses of Desmodium Adscendens
- Superior Relief of (minor and occassional) Back Pain
- Nutritional support for the lungs and free and easy breathing through nasal passages
Graviola (Annona-muricata) The graviola or guanabana tree is an evergreen tree which grows to about 15 feet in height throughout the hot tropical areas of South and Central America and the Caribbean and is best known for its sour but tasty fruit. The tree has dark green, glossy leaves which are traditionally made into a medicinal tea. The botanical name is Annona muricata. A related species is the North American paw-paw tree, which has recently been shown by scientific research to share the same medicinal properties of its Southern cousin. Used as part of the daily diet it helps maintain a healthy blood pressure.
Graviola Q & A
Lucraco (Waltheria ovata) Contains Lucraco (Waltheria ovata) and Cat's Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) alcohol-based extract with vegetable glycerin added. One serving = one teaspoon of pleasant-tasting syrup. Supports healthy prostate and uro-genital function from time immemorial ...
Lucraco Q & A
Royal Abuta Plus ™ (Curarae tecunarum) Contains three South American herbs: Abuta (Curarae tecunarum), Lemon Grass (Cymbopogon citratus) from the Amazon rainforest and Pasuchaca (Germanium delsianum), a mountain herb which grows in the Peruvian Andes. Helpful in ameliorating the symptom of an elevated blood sugar level.
Abuta Q & A
Royal Dragons Blood Sangre de Dragon, more commonly know as Dragon's Blood, is a wild crafted resin that comes from the Croton Uechleri trees found in the Amazon Rainforest of South America.